Founded in 2002 and built on years of experience, Icon is an established and innovative Chartered Accounting Practice.
“At Icon, we have a simple philosophy of taking a dedicated ‘hands on approach’ in order to understand as much as we possibly can about your business. We believe this assists with delivering an innovative, specialised service that will lead to better advice, tax savings and peace of mind and will ultimately lead to building a long term business relationship based on trust and success.”
Icon is not only a tax and accountancy practice, we also provide services in the fields of business advice and planning, business structuring – including acquisitions and disposals, Capital Gains Tax, Self Managed Superannuation Funds, Audit of SMSF’s, Company Secretarial and Administration, Fringe Benefits Tax and GST advice.
- David Calcei (Managing Director) is a Chartered Accountant with over 18 years experience in public accounting and taxation. His specialisations include business advisory services and taxation for small to medium sized businesses, tax planning and tax minimisation strategies, taxation for publicly listed companies and taxation for high wealth individuals and for special professionals – including sportspeople, performers and inventors. He is also an ASIC licenced SMSF auditor. Prior to forming Icon, David was a Manager at a middle tier accounting practice called Hayes Knight GTO (now Crowe Horwath). He has been awarded by Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand in recognition for attaining the top 5% of candidates in Australia for the Taxation module of the CA professional year, which included a module in taxation minimisation strategies.
- Tony Donatelli (Director) is a Chartered Accountant with 28 years experience in the Accounting profession and has served as a manager at Parkinson & Co Chartered Accountants before moving into commerce as the Chief Financial Officer of the very successful Chantec Group. He has served as the President of the Chamber of Fruit & Vegetable Industries WA and the Vice President of the Australian Fruit & Vegetable Industries. Tony’s specialties include accounting and taxation in the primary production industry, taxation and business consulting to small – medium size enterprises and accounting and audit for self managed superannuation funds. He is also an ASIC licenced SMSF auditor.
- Julian De Mattia is a Certified Practicing Accountant with 25 years experience in the profession, the last 7 of which have been with Icon. Julian’s specialties include Self Managed Superannuation, Audit of SMSF’s and taxation, accounting and business services. He has excellent knowledge of many accounting software packages including MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks and is a keen Hawthorn Football Club supporter.
- Marco Pillera is a Chartered Accountant with 16 years experience in the accounting profession. Commencing his career at Hayes Knight GTO, Marco has been with Icon for over 10 years and now manages a diverse range of small business clients in many industry sectors. His specialties include Fringe Benefits Tax and Audit of SMSF’s. He has excellent knowledge of many accounting software packages including MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks.
- Kalini Shah, is an Accountant with over 15 years experience in the public accounting profession. She has been with Icon for over 7 years and manages a diverse range of small business clients in many industry sectors. Her specialties include taxation for small to medium businesses and business advisory services. Kalini has an in depth knowledge of many accounting software packages including MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks.